Disculpa, pero esta entrada está disponible sólo en Inglés Estadounidense. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language.

Once I had the cut pieces, I glued them together as “rehearsed” with the cardboard model

For my design I had in mind to use Tee Nut Inserts to attach and screw the wooden rods. Here I’m testing one on them in a piece of scrap wood.

I attempted to perforate the wooden rods with the drill press. I couldn’t be as precise as I would have liked, but apparently it worked. The insert had a specification of the bit to use, I used a size that appeared similar.

With the holes I could insert and hammer the inserts in.

Then I could screw in the threaded rods…

On other hand, I started to assemble the glued parts with the female to female standoffs, similar to the ones used in the previous press. In my design I made slightly bigger perforations for them (0.5 mm bigger) but that wasn’t enough. I had trouble again putting them inside, but they worked well as axles.

This picture shows how I envisioned the rod to work. However the inserts kept dis-inserting (?) despite of how hard I hammered them. Probably I needed a more appropriate perforation, or the wood in the rod was too hard for the system to work.

Here I am assembling all the parts. I had to glue the bottom part again because it got separated because of the pressure  given by the friction and tight fit of the pieces. Lesson: To give a lot more of tolerance between pieces!

I also used many standoffs together as the pressing rod.

The press worked at the end

The top plate doesn’t fall freely, but that can be an advantage as it keeps the position that corresponds to the height of the pressed material.

Here are the cardboard version and the wooden version.

I made this Instagram post showing the process from drawing in paper to built model.